Helen Butleroff Leahy, RD, CDN
Helen Butleroff Leahy offers nutrition counseling specializing in weight management, eating disorders, menopause, gerontology, and medical conditions requiring nutritional intervention for both adults and children.
Mrs. Leahy is a Registered Dietitian and Certified Dietitian Nutritionist. She graduated from New York Presbyterian Hospitals of Cornell/Columbia dietetic internship and received her DPD verification from New York University Graduate School. She has completed two years employment at Mary Manning Walsh Rehabilitation/ Nursing Home as a dietitian and is a nutrition educator at five NYC public schools. She is also the winner of the NYS Certificate of Achievement award from the NYC Department of Health for her nutrition program targeting minority children.
- WCBS-TV interview “The New Food Guide Pyramid Musical Program"/Emblem Health Kid’s Day. To view video segment of August 28th, 2010, Click Here
- Helen Butleroff Leahy, RD, CDN discusses portion control at the GHI Tennis Classic on WABC-TV News (Sunday, August 17th, 2008) - Click Here to Watch Video
- Helen Butleroff Leahy, RD, CDN on Bronx-Net TV: Nutrition Tips to Prevent Dehydration - Click Here to Watch Video
- Ms. Leahy appeared on WCBS news in New York City to discuss her New Food Guide Musical Program. The program teaches children the importance of nutrition and exercise in and out of the classroom.
- WCBS-TV coverage of The New Food Guide Pyramid Musical Program: To see the video segment of May 16th and May 17th, 2006 please Click Here
- WCBS also profiled her work on their website. Click Here to view the article.
- Her work on nutrition in public schools has also been published on the daily news. Click Here to view the article.